Thursday, March 31, 2011

Masculine Thank You

I have the best neighbors anyone could ask for!  We needed to repair a section of our driveway which we were planning to do the old fashioned way (wheelbarrow, water & Quikrete).  One of our neighbors has his own concrete business, so my husband went over to see if we could borrow a concrete mixer to make this task go more quickly.  Long story short, he & our neighbor on the other side of us came over to lend a helping hand & their expertise.  The job only took a few hours and the best part of this story was that we did it by my car's headlights.  {haha}  So, the least I could do was to make them a "Thank You" card.  Did I mention "masculine" cards are not my strong suite??  So, here is my manly card for each of my neighbors.


I couldn't just send over a card!!  So, I decided to make them each a pan of my special chocolate chip brownies.  And then, had my girls be the delivery service!  :o)
After smelling up the kitchen baking brownies, my girls asked "can you make us some too?".  So, being the kind mom that I am....said "NO!".
And then, of course I heard "awwwwww" in their normal whiney voice!
I hope you like my card.  Oh, I forgot to mention the bear is from SU! "Wildlife Reserve" stamp set.  TFL!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think i have ever had your special chocolate chip brownies, can you hear me saw "awwwww"?
    I like the card, masculine ones are so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, u've had them. I'm sure I've made them for shoebox or maybe the 31 or other party u've attended.

    ReplyDelete