Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dec 2010

THEME: Technique
December's challenge was to make a card w/ any technique.

This card was created by Melissa.  The technique is "Watercolor Bleed" in which we used an Aqua Painter w/ re-inkers to drop 3 different colors into each embossed petal {the flower was embossed on shimmer paper}.  The embossed edges keep each color in it's own section, but if it runs together that just adds to the dimension.  I think it turned out gorgeously!!!  Here is a link to this technique on Splitcoast.  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/watercolorbleed/

This card was created by Pam.  This technique is "embossing paste".  We used 2 metal embossing templates @ different times to get this finished look.  The first template was the vase & we chalked w/ yellows & oranges.  The floral template was next to chalk all the flowers & leaves.  [Don't forget to remove all excess chalk dust.]  After all that, you replace the floral template & spread the embossing paste from top to bottom & set aside to dry.  This was a very l-o-n-g & time consuming card to make...BUT it turned out fabulously & is very elegant.




This card was created by Noelle.  This technique is called "Frosted Embossing Folder".  We ran a sized window sheet through the cuttlebug w/ a snowflake template and then gave it more detail by sanding it w/ a sanding block to make the embossed flakes really pop.  Quick & easy....gotta love that!!!  I really love the color combo & how it all came together.  Here is a link with instructions: http://dostamping.typepad.com/dostamping_with_dawn/2010/10/frosted-impressions-and-seasonal-sentiments.html

This is the card I decided to make.  I wasn't sure if it actually qualified as a "technique" or not, but I had been wanting to make 1 of these 4 a long time.  It's a "Tri-Shutter Card".  So, if that doesn't qualify, then I'll go w/ "Stipple Basics".  I did stipple the girls very lightly, not even sure u can tell by the photos.  I colored the girls w/ SU! markers.  Anyway, I absolutely loved how this card turned out.  Aren't those girls just adorable???  I got them from http://www.stampingbella.com/ titled bffABUGS, item #cc180.




I wanted to give you a view from each angle.  The pic a^b^o^v^e is the card standing open, so u can see all the folds.  The pic on the l<e<f<t is the card laying flat so you u can see every finished section. 
If you have any questions about any of these cards, just leave them in the "comments" section & I will get back w/ u as soon as I can.  TFL!!  Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. I flat out cased my card on this one too, lol, but I can't find the link where I got it. If you are the one who created it please put your link here!

    ReplyDelete